Import export code (IEC) is required by a person or business for exporting from or importing into India. It is a 10 digit number issued by Director General of Foreign Trade(DGFT) ,valid for lifetime until cancelled .There is no need of renewal.
DOCUMENTS Required to be submitted with Application:
1)Digital Photograph (3x3cms) of the Signatory Applicant
2)Copy of PAN card
3)Bank Certificate or cancelled bearing the applicant entities name
4)Name of the entity
7)Address: (Registered Office Address is required in case of Companies/ Head Office Address is required for all other categories)
8)Nature of concern
10)Certificate of Incorporation.
EXEMPTED CATEGORIES IN IEC:
1. Ministries/Departments of the Central or State Government.
2. Persons importing or exporting goods for personal use not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture.
3. Persons importing/exporting goods from/to Nepal provided the CIF value of a single consignment does not exceed Indian Rs.25,000.
1. Application must be made in Aayaat Niryaat Form2A(ANF 2A) format to the Regional Authority of Director General of Foreign Trade(DGFT),where registered office of company is situated.
2. Basic information like Name of the entity, Details of business, bank details etc is required in Aayaat Niryaat Form 2A.
3. The IEC code is valid for all branches/factories of the importer or exporter.